Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A respectable bow

A warm welcome to you all, this is my first post on here! I hope you enjoy sharing this blogging journey with me as much as I have spent countless hours creating it (if only the images could rearrange the way I want them to).

As I'm currently not in a position to go into too much detail about the premise of this blog, I wish to appropriately kick things off by featuring Bowler Hats in my blog today.




















There is definitely something alluring and nostalgic about Bowler Hats. In historic times, they were universally worn by gentlemen; it would have been disastrous for one to forget their bowler hat out in public.

Today,however, the bowler hat makes an edgy yet sophisticated casual everyday accessory for women. The small rounded top and brim, and deep black felt material of the hat provides a fancy feminine touch compared to the ones frequently designed for men. Wear the hat out one day and lets hope you attract respect, as much as Mr Collins did in Pride & Prejudice....
You can add fresh florals for a chic touch like Peaches (above).

Well, bowing out for now, see you guys soon!


*Topshop currently stocks bowler hats for 22GBP.

*$30AU at Dangerfield, Australia.
*Images sourced from shopnastygirl.com,maisondereveries.blogpot,misspandorapandora.blogpot,Peaches Geldof & Coco Rocha images via TFS.

2 comments:

  1. I heart your fresh florals cousin dearest :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as you said on the comment you left on my blog, it definitly nice to see another aussie blogger!
    It's also nice to see another relitivly new blogger who is also discovering what their blog is truly about!
    I'm really liking the bowler hat theme, they definitly ae egdy, yet sofisticated.
    Pearl xox

    http://lily-pearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete