Friday, November 13, 2009

Catching up with the Olsen twins & bag rant

I received this studded drawstring bag in the post today from Miss Selfridge in England! For a bag of 10 pounds (reduced), I pretty much got my bargain on the Alexander Wang studded bag version (yes, I have just googled this because I had forgotten why my subconscious was immediately infatuated).





There's 4 ways to wear this bag.I love its lightness,and the ingenious tightening bag lock thing,which you can see at the ends of the string in this pic

If you recall, studded bags have been quite the rage earlier this year, with various blogs going crazy over DIY studding on bags, shoes, tops and jackets. Of course this furore would not have occurred if Balmain did not overtly introduce studs or if the Olsen twins did not decide to abruptly switch to Wang's 'studded masterpiece'.




Moreover I wanted to broach the subject of bag & purse pricing.After spending time looking at the array of wonderful bags offered online, I am disappointed with what Australian retailers offer.Most of the time they are ridiculously UGLY knock-offs with prices triple the amount you would pay overseas. I mean the shipping from China to Australia is far cheaper than one say to England or the United States. Just yesterday I was at Sportsgirl and the bags in my opinion should go join some freak show,really. (This may be my smug induced Miss Selfridge happy chap brain thinking at the moment,so do not get offended!). But really, in all honesty,no one is going to buy the Sportsgirl leather bag or weird washed denim bag with shocking fluro detail for $70.00+.Something like that would belong to Jay Jays.I think Sportsgirl should stick to their vintage canvas/leather bags,and make it their specialty.Tacky glam is a fashion crime..

High end bags on the other hand,my catch up with you will be postponed...

Have you got any fashion rants? Lets hear them in the comments! Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice bag :) not my style, but it totally suits you! I'll post about the Cartier bag my cousin gave me the other week :)

    ReplyDelete